This policy provides the basis for considering when a game is Sanctioned and counts towards rankings. As well as eligibility for major tournaments.
- It is NOT the position of ARDA to tell teams who they can and cannot play
- It is NOT the position of ARDA to enforce Roster discipline
- It is NOT the position of ARDA to determine internal Team policies regarding ‘pickups’ or contracts
- It IS the position of ARDA, within this policy, to determine if a game counts towards Provincial Ranking
- It IS the position of ARDA to encourage teams to play more games through this policy
ARDA is not a WFTDA Member and cannot sanction WFTDA Charter games. This policy is in place for B-Team games.
Pick-ups: A skater who is a member of another league and solely practice and plays with their home league
Distance Skater: A skater who is a member of the league but lives more than 50 kms outside the league’s city limits. A distance skater could be a member of multiple leagues, but not multiple of the same team type (i.e. of 2 Women’s B-Teams in Alberta)
WFTDA Charter Team: A team sanctioned by WFTDA
WFTDA Charter Athlete: Any athlete listed on a WFTDA Charter Team official roster, does not include skaters listed as Developmental on team sites
MRDA Charter Team: A team sanctioned by MRDA
MRDA Charter Athlete: Any athlete listed on a MRDA Charter Team official roster, does not include skaters listed as Developmental on team sites
B-Team: A team that is not WFTDA or MRDA sanctioned
Game scores must be submitted to ARDA via e-mail or Facebook before the end of the month for the game to count.
- Games must follow the current the WFTDA Rule Set and Track Guidelines
- Games must be 60 minutes in length, unless the game is shortened due to a Safety Issue or one team Forfeiting
- In order to count towards Provincial Ranking at least one of the two teams must be with an ARDA member league
- Both teams must agree in advance a Roster Policy (either following ARDA’s or creating their own)
- If using their own Roster Policy, both teams must agree in advance if the game will be submitted for Provincials Rankings
Each league may only qualify 1 Women’s B-Team for these rankings.
The ARDA Roster Policy is required for ARDA Regional and Provincial Tournaments, and is suggested for other game play.
- Game Roster of 15, tournament roster of 20
- Rosters can list 2 Alternate Skaters that can be swapped in up to the day of the event
- Rosters can include up to 5 Distance Skaters and 2 Pickups
- Rosters can include WFTDA Charter Athlete’s who are a member of the league and have competed in no more than 2 WFTDA Post-Season games (Continental Cup, Playoffs, and Championships)
- Rosters can include MRDA Charter Athlete’s who are a member of the league and have competed in no more than 2 MRDA Post-Season games (Qualifiers, and Championships)
- Rosters cannot include any WFTDA or MRDA Charter Athlete’s as Pickups
- All teams may request an exemption on a per skater basis for limited number of jams in games
- Any skaters under the age of 18 must be agreed upon by both teams and tournament hosts
Regional and Provincial Championships
Teams are only eligible for these ARDA specific events if they are member leagues of ARDA at minimum three months before the event.
Regional events will split into North and South and will only be held if there are enough member leagues to quantify the events.
Provincial Championships will take place before the end of Sept each year. Teams will qualify through the Regional Championships or based on rankings if no Regional Championship takes place.
The number of qualifying teams will depend on venue space, but will be a minimum of 5 teams and a maximum of 8.
These tournaments must follow the ARDA Roster Policy listed above.
All rosters must be submitted 1 month prior to the event and will be vetted against the current ARDA register.